Rest - Rest in Peace; RIP

dreams

Rest - Rest in Peace; RIP

Postby dreams » Mon Nov 10, 2003 9:22 pm

Meaning: May the dead go to a place of rest.

Job 3:17-18
There the wicked cease from troubling; and there the weary be at rest. [18] There the prisoners rest together; they hear not the voice of the oppressor.

Isaiah 57:1-2
The righteous perisheth, and no man layeth it to heart: and merciful men are taken away, none considering that the righteous is taken away from the evil to come. [2] He shall enter into peace: they shall rest in their beds, each one walking in his uprightness.

Eccles. 6:3-5
If a man beget an hundred children, and live many years, so that the days of his years be many, and his soul be not filled with good, and also that he have no burial; I say, that an untimely birth is better than he. [4] For he cometh in with vanity, and departeth in darkness, and his name shall be covered with darkness. [5] Moreover he hath not seen the sun, nor known any thing: this hath more rest than the other.

Rev. 14:13
And I heard a voice from heaven saying unto me, Write, Blessed are the dead which die in the Lord from henceforth: Yea, saith the Spirit, that they may rest from their labours; and their works do follow them.

"Into her merits or demerits I do not enter deeply here. Let her rest in peace."
Charles Kingsley, Westward Ho! (1855)

Return to “R”